Answer at least one of the following questions or craft a free response that captures what your wheel helped you learn about your relationships with your family.
- How much time do you spend with your family? Would you like to spend more, or less time, with them?
- What role does your family have in making you the person you are today? In other words, what part do they serve in all those memories and personality traits you wrote about?
- What effect do they have on you? Mostly positive or mostly negative?
- Why do you think this is?
- Is one of your family members a person to whom you consider yourself the closest?
As I look at my personal interaction wheel, I realize that my family is often the group that I spend the least amount of time with but whom I'd like to spend more. Particularly in my day-to-day life during the school year, most of my time is spent with students and colleagues as opposed to my family . I am at school for at least 50 hours a week, and only see my parents, for example, every couple weeks for a meal. This was a valuable insight to me and helped me realize that I should be sure my time is spent on what I most value. Regardless of the time spent, however, I realize that my family is the unit that makes the biggest difference in who I am as a person and they are always my best friends, and the people who I most trust, whether that time is spent or not.
I think the time that I spend with my family is really valuable because we don't regularly get together and spend quality family time unless it's dinner at our kitchen table. On week days my brother's in his room playing computer and I'm doing the same, while my dad watches TV and my mom cooks. I definitely would love to spend more quality time with my family because we really get along and have such a good time. My family has definitely sculpted my personality in multiple ways like my mom gives me her (voice) volume and humor, my dad gives me his common sense and my little brother gives me the opportunity to be powerful over a little person and not make the same mistakes I had made at his age. If it weren't for my family, I'd be really upset that I wouldn't be the same person I am today.
ReplyDelete(Mrs. Lee, I wasn't sure how to respond to this so my answer isn't only commented on here, but its on my own blog now, too. I couldn't find a way to email you, which i'll fix later.) Thanks -Isabella
Emily Sogorka
ReplyDeleteI would love to spend more time with my family because both my mom and dad both have jobs that they love and are rarley home. The person I'm probably closest with is my neighbor John. He is 23 and is like my big brother he gives me rides since my parents can't and are busy making a living. I see my dad about once a year and my best friend hasn't seen my dad since 2nd grade. I also spend a lot of time at the barn with my horse Decaf and my trainer Jessica. I would love to spend more time with that. I also see my grandparents more than my parents. Because of my parents jobs, that causes us to move a lot. We lived in California, then moved to Texas, then moved here to Colorado. The longest I have stayed at a school is 3 years. I have been to 9 schools since kindergarden. 8th grade year was my first year at public school. We moved and in february I had to switch schools again. Moving so much has caused me to have a large group of friends. I have learned what to do and what not to do. It has made me a better friend. It has also made me a very confident person and very strong and outgoing. That is the person I am today and everything that has happened in my life has influenced me to who I am today.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteKate Spencer
ReplyDeleteAfter looking through my personal interaction wheel I thought more about how much time I spend with my family. I would love to spend even more time with my family than I do, but I am lucky that my parents have jobs that let them come home at reasonable times. I would like to spend more time with them and have less to do in the afternoons. I really enjoy going on vacations over the sumer with my family and seeing my other family members that I don't see as often. I would say that I am closest to my mom out of my family we get along very well and I am very comfortable with telling her anything. Everything that my family has done for me over the years to suport me and encourage me have made me who I am today and I am very grateful for it.
My sister is the person who i consider thats the most closest to me because she always hepls me when i need hep in my homework,when i need to talk to someone shes always there for me,we went skiing together,etc.
ReplyDeleteShe also shoewd how me to do a lot of stuff and took me to cool places when im in vacations,and i really appreciate what shes done for me!!!
Eventhough, we are usually pretty busy, and we dont always have the chance to see eachother. Family is number one on the "priority list". Once in awhile we all clear our calenders and make time for a day of true family bonding. This weekend for instance, my parents rented a cottage in the mountains and most of my entire family showed up and had a great time. The laughter you hear when my family is together is unmistakeable. Camping was a really fun time and I just wish we could have stayed awhile longer. Looking at my personal interaction wheel I have noticed that my family have been a huge influence on the person i am today. My parents are always trying to make me a better person and teach me what is really important in life. My sisters are the people who teach me right from wrong, and i am very grateful for all of their advice. I would not trade any memories I have shared with my family for anything in the world. We might not always get along, but at the end of the day, they are all that really matters.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteLooking at my personal interaction wheel it shows that my family is a part of my life, but not the people I spend the most time with. My family is and has played a big role in my life, even if they arent the people I'm with the most. My family has made me a stronger, and a smarter person by working through my problems, and helping me reach a solution. We have been through thick and thin, creating good and bad memories that help show how much my family helps me, and means to me.
ReplyDeleteI think spending time with family is always important. It always gives for more time to be loved and have people around you that like you for who you are. also all of the memories that you get with your parents you could give to your future children. Parents and family always make my life better and i know life woulds not be as good with no family memories or jut quality time. I know that i don't necessarily have the greatest response but i have everything that counts.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAfter looking at my interaction wheel it was brought to my attention that I rarely spend time with my mom and dad. I don't get to spend much time with my dad because he goes on alot of trips because of his job and I rarely get to see my mom except for at dinner. And on some days I am not home for dinner so I don't see her at all. And on the weekends I spend all my time with my friends so I don't get to see them very often. I definitely wish that I could see my mom and dad more often because they mean alot to me and I like spending time with them. But on the bright side my sister is on my pom team, dances at my dance studio, and drives me to school; so I spend a lot of time with her. I really like this because I consider my sister one of my best friends.
ReplyDeleteAfter looking through my personal interaction wheel I realized how little time I spend with my family, and how much I spend with school and doing cheer. Everyday I wake up earlier than my whole family to get ready for school. Then I get to spend some one on one time with my mom when she drives me to school. Right after school is over I have cheer practice until 5 every day of the week. Now that football season is starting
ReplyDeleteI won't be home till even later. On weekends I make time for friends since I can never have them over because of cheer. When I am home we make sure to have family dinners where everyone sits and eats together which I am really thankful for otherwise I would never get to see anyone in my family. I probably spend the most time with my mom but not in the way I'd like. The only time I ever see her is when she's driving me to school or home from cheer practice. I would really like to make a bigger effort to see my family because they mean a lot to me. I now realize that I will always have time for friends and sports but the time I spend with my family is short and precious
Spending time with my family because my family is always busy and i am at cheer and my sister is at color gaurd. so the only time we get together as a family is on the weekends. Its important because family's that spend more time together are closer. we get so busy during the week we don't see each other so the weekend are the only time we are together.I am close to my mom but i don't see her a lot.So dinner is the only time we talk and get to do things as a family.
ReplyDeleteThe person I would have to say I am closest with in my family would have to be without a doubt my mom. My mom is always a person I can go to and talk about whatever I need and I know she will keep it in trust. When she is flying all over the world I know I can always e-mail her and get a e-mail back. She always seems to know what to say when I am upset and knows how to fix it or try and make it better. My mom is the kind of person that will stand up for what she thinks is right and sometimes goes overboard with it, but in the end she handles everything the right way even if she knows she is wrong.
ReplyDeleteIn my family I am closet to my mom and my grandparents, they are always there for me but i would also like to spend more time with them. I mainly would like to see my grandparents more because i live with my mom and see her all the time, my grandparents are very nice to me and they are caring and I wish i could see them more, family is the most important people to be with, because they will ALWAYS be there for you and will never bail on you.
ReplyDeleteThe time i spend with my family is great but we dont really get along when were with each other.I think that me and my family will have to spend much more time together because mom and dad always working.Me and my siblings always at school and activities after school.we only have the weekends to be with each other and dinner time.I think that its really sad that we dont spend much time together.Dont have much time because high school will be over befor you know it then comes collage and a new life.In my case i always say family comes first the freinds and other things.So yes i wish that me and my family can spend more time together.
ReplyDelete:) thank you for reading Samantha lyons
My family plays a huge part in my personality and what makes me the person i am today. Although, My brother, dad, and mom play the biggest roles on my personality and the person i am today. First of all, my brother plays a huge role in my personality. He showed me how to stand up for myself and how to deal with our parents. He helped me stand up for myself by constantly beating me up. He mostly helped me by showing me how to deal with our parents what makes mom happy and what makes dad mad which comes in handy everyday.In addition, my dad helped me make me the person i am today by getting in to good habits like doing homework and always showing up on time. He helped me with my homework by always making me do it and not letting me leave the house till it is done. He always showed me that its important to show up on time for a job or school so he would drive me everywhere 1 hour earlier. Finally, my mom played a big role on the person i am today. She showed me that school and grades is not everything but it does matter. She showed me how to put yourself first sometimes and how to let go and have fun.To conclude, My family made a huge in pact on the person i am today mostly my brother, dad, and mom really made me the person and the personality i have today.
ReplyDeleteAfter Doing the personal Interactions wheel i realized how much family is important but also how little time i get to spend with mine.Since both my parents work two jobs and my brother and sister have graduated from highschool i spend most of my time with friends and they have become a second family to me.But of course i would love to spend more time with my family but thats not always an option.And every once in awhile when all off our schedules are clear and my parents have a couple days off its great to be around eachother and create memories.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThe person who I am most closest with in my family would have to be my brother. I've been through thick and thin with him, always helping me get over a problem I had, whether it be a cut on my arm or a difficult math problem on my homework. Even though we've argued a lot, we've always found a way to straighten it out and resolve the issue. Looking up to him for 15 years, he's showed me a lot about the rights and the wrongs of growing up. By watching/listening to him and his actions and trying to follow in his footsteps. In his last years of him being in the house and getting ready to go off to collage, we've formed an even closer brother-sister relationship. I know I'll miss him dearly as the years to come through high school, but I'll always know that he'll be the one I can always talk to.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteLooking at my interaction wheel, I realize that I spend more time with my friends than I do with any of my family. I usually see my parents at night for dinner and sometimes in the morning. I would deffinitly love to spend more time with my family, close to me and distant. Even though I should spend more time with my family, they do play a huge role in my life. I have over thirty cousins, so I am surrounded by people I love and who effect me. I'm not close to all of them, but all of my family is very supportive and caring, and i wouldn't trade them for anything in the world.
ReplyDeleteAfter looking through my interaction wheel, i think i should be spending more time with my family instead of friends. I would love it to spend more time with my mom then i do now. Most of the time she is exhausted, because she is a teacher also. I see her when i get home, but i just feel more would be better. In my family i am closest to my mom, because she is the one who i live with. All of the things she has done for me have made me the person i am today, like she has helped me with homework habits, and helped to make me a responsible person. Of all my family, i would like to see me grandparents more because i don't see them as often now because of school, work, etc. I realize now the time i spend with my family is short and should be cherished.
ReplyDeleteI spend a good amount of time with my family. I live with my mom, and see my dad about every weekend. My sister and brother in law come to my house every night. I would like to spend more time with my dad but it is hard because of football. Also I would like to spend more time with my brother in law, because he teaches me a lot about cars. These are the reasons why I want to spend more time with my wonderful family.
ReplyDeleteMost of the time i'm not with my family but when i am i have a great time. What i love about my family is that were nver at home doing nothing. We probably eat out 5 times a week and when we eat at home it's usually spagetti. When im at home my favorite thing to do is mess with my brother and siter. My parents yell at me a lot but it's worth it. Because of school i dont get to see them very much, but i love them and I could spend more time with them.
ReplyDelete